Heeeey guys

styley

Hey, what's up guys and girls.

Just thought i'd do a little intro as i've been lurkin' the forums lately and felt a little seedy. Looking on how to get set up and started. seems like pretty awesome community you have here.

Always liked the work of DJs and whatnot but really started getting interested in DJing myself when i went overseas early year and worked in the greek islands at clubs/bars there just doing good old promoting. amazing lifestyle, workin 11:30pm till 6:30am, love it. Was also lucky enough to see boy george and alex gaudino DJing in mykanos.

My main interests are house at this stage i like the looks of mixing electro house ,also a huge fan of ministry stuff (i don't even know what category that comes under). DnB and dubstep are more to listen to, don't know how i'd go mixing them. i guess we'll see what happens in terms of genre.

In the next couple of months was looking at maybe doing a little short DJ course to get the basics down then see how teaching myself goes. also looking to purchase some CDJs 200 or 400 can't decide yet (guess it depends on moolah) and a mixer, heard allen and heath make pro mixers any ideas anyone? already got a macbook which is a start. will probably look to buy some good cans that will last beyerdynamic maybe?

thaaaaaaaanks for listening to my intro but i think its more ramblings.

sick to be here guys

also i'm repping melborune

yeah dude fuck DJ course's the only thing your gonna need is Miles on the decks, watching a few youtube vids, posting your questions here and studying the DJ's when ever you go to a club.

The guy i DJ with did one of those coures when we first started out, he said it did him no use at all. he already new everything they told him after just a week or two fo constant practise.

anyway man nice to have you on board :) welcome

mate to be honest imo dj courses are a waste of money, check out our beginner stickies for some good youtube clips specially the sarah main one

oh and welcome :safe:

ah yeah i was thinking like 150 bucks for 1 day a bit hefty that. sometimes i battle to get a base knowledge of something without hands on help, so that was the reasoning. but yeah i'll give those youtube vids a shot for sure.

good work :D ^.^ how long you been into wanting to dj?

have you used any software to try and dj?

for example Virtual Dj, Traktor ? what do you think of production/producing?

umm always liked the idea of djing but didnt really have the time when i was in school. Going to europe really opened my eyes to it again.

had a muck around on a mate's fruity loops and downloaded the trial of virtual DJ to have a mess around with but want to get some decks happening. As for producing i love the idea but right now i just want to get some basics down. seems like a lot of work but very rewarding!