Greetings from DJelkc or DJwabbit

elkc

Hey guys,

Real excited about joining this forum for some odd reason, mainly cause I'm overly energetic at night due to my vampire sleeping patterns.

Names Craig- DJing name is still pending, dunno if I should go as 'elkc' or 'wabbit' but yeah- moving right along I started mixing RnB, had the whole one-love-genre attitude of RnB until my mate slapped me across the head, literally forced me to open up my genres so now I've learnt to love music more and more. I mix abit of electro and house, main streaming in trance and hardstyles. Fucken love hardstyles. And cigarettes.

Currently on serato set-up, 1200mk2's and dodgy vestax pmc-170a.

I'm noob, so looking forward to learning a lot from this forum and community.

-elkc/wabbit

@DJaz: no no nooo lol, I was driving out to DJwarehouse back in the days to pick up some gear with my mate and he goes to me "Craig, if you were a DJ what would u name urself?" and at the moment a taxi drove pass with a "Souths Rabbitohs" advertisement so I just said... "Wabbit"

@buck_choi: thanks man! i got lucky and got the mixer with decks for just over a grand- seemed like a good deal so jumped on it before i even knew how to beat mix lol. in regards to the pics i'm not only new to the djing thing but the forum thing too lol so give me some time and ill be posting pics and mixes all over the place.

I'm from NSW, Sydney, Hurstville area (cause I'm asian) and grew up with clubs like bamboo, verandah, pumphouse and the good old 'space'

and the Turntables for a grand .. what a deal LOL nicework.

yeh i was pretty shocked too! guy was a top bloke as well he goes

"brought the gear, realised i was crap at dj'ing so im getting it rid of it azap to end the pain of failure"

so i gave him a hug, brought the equipment and then my djing life started =)

welcome dude.

what ever name you choose, try to leave the 'DJ' part of it out. that fad has gone, there was a reason teisto went from DJ teisto to just Teisto,

hurstville boy, i grew up in banksia man haha.

good choise on expanding your musical taste, will only help you out.

do you do any productions? or just into mixing at the moment.

oh yah. and welcome.

also, i bet after a few months youll be liking dubstep, alot of dub heads on here :)

@Buck_choi: LOL NEVERRRRRRR!!! i aint never gonna give up, atm i can't even loop properly BUT HAVE NO FEAR! one day ill be up there mixing with noisecontrollers and headhunterz... one day LOL, i currently work for St.George bank, next year going back to uni to finish my course, you know- get it over and done with nt getting any younger lol but for now heading over to the dub section

@JonnyB: dubs dubs dubs! ive just been mixing in my room, started afew years back but due to financial problems i had to put my gear to the side, my folks kept telling me to sell it since it was just there getting dusty but then i was offered a gig afew weeks back so it was a do or die moment so i stepped up my game, practiced non-stop for 2 weeks straight and ripped it up hardstyles at the gig now im on fire and thristy for more lol- for now im just mixing and practicing at home, wanna tighten up my skills- in the future i would wanna go over to the netherlands, shanghai or US just to get a feel of how the scene's like

cheers eggssell thanks for the welcoming guys

ive actually got one mix which ive been working on for a while but after watching those how to dj clips in the beginners sections gave me some new ideas to rip it up abit so stay tuned!