Gday Superstars!

AshleyJames

Well 5 months of playing by myself

Ive always enjoyed dance music, and in my breaks (I work behind a bar) I would go up and just watch our local DJ. I was lucky enough to be taught the basics by him and eventually the nightclub manager gave me a set, which happened to be the same night Grant Smillie was playing! Ever since then I play every WED night (its our UNI night down in Ballarat, approx 80 mins from Melbourne).

I try to specialize Progressive/Electro House, and sometimes some Old School HipHop for a bit of fun!

Unfortuantly I dont have my own equipment as of yet, but have been looking at some 800s just as something to start off. Unless you kind folk can recommend something different? :)

welcome

:safe:

jesus christ you got a good portfolio expecially for 5 months since starting

as you prob know pioneers the brand to go to for cdjs

;)

Cheers man! Out of the list Grant Smillie and Andy Murphy were my favourite, 2 of the nicest guys ever and Andy even offered to buy me a drink!

Least favourite would be T-Rek. Very very arrogant, rude and thought it would be funny to leave a cigarette lighter burn mark on a brand new MK3 1000.

Yeah ive found that Pioneers are a cut above the rest! Just gotta find the money for it

I Believe We've had a Discussion about T-Rek before and similar words were passed

have also heard he samples his own music over and over

although someone will have to confirm that with me because im not very familiar with his music...

I realize that this isnt really the correct area for this discussion, but i just found him very rude. Wether he'd had a rough day or whatnot, no need to tarnish brand new equipment.

And yes he played a lot of his own music, which in my town 95 percent of people dont know (exception Out My Bitch, only cause ive flogged it)

Before i started DJing we also got Ruby Rose to do a guest apperance/2 hour set. And yes shes hotter in person :P

welcome Mr Ashley James :safe:

The question I would like to ask is.... how the hell do you know what you're doing, if you don't even have your own equipment to practise on.

PS. very jelous of your achievments in such a short period of time.

Cheers llyodc,

I have been working in the nightclub industry behind the bar for almost 2 years now, and literally (and i mean literally) every break i got i would spend watching the dj at the time mixing, crowd reactions, effects, mistakes. Everything to DJing. So when i got my turn i copyed (unforutanly the mistakes also, but hey we gotta start somewhere) and slowly picked it up. I also play drums, which helped me pick up beatmatching extremly quick.

Whenever i need to practice, im able to go down to the venue i work at and play on their equipment. So at the moment i dont need my own equipment, but am saving!

welcome Mr Ashley James :safe:

The question I would like to ask is.... how the hell do you know what you're doing, if you don't even have your own equipment to practise on.

PS. very jelous of your achievments in such a short period of time.

Cheers llyodc,

I have been working in the nightclub industry behind the bar for almost 2 years now, and literally (and i mean literally) every break i got i would spend watching the dj at the time mixing, crowd reactions, effects, mistakes. Everything to DJing. So when i got my turn i copyed (unforutanly the mistakes also, but hey we gotta start somewhere) and slowly picked it up. I also play drums, which helped me pick up beatmatching extremly quick.

Whenever i need to practice, im able to go down to the venue i work at and play on their equipment. So at the moment i dont need my own equipment, but am saving!

awesome mate, very awesome.... anyway welcome once again to the ADJF community, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay

• 3 weeks later...